- Relating to or resembling an abecedarius.
- Arranged in an alphabetical manner. [Mid 17th century.]
- Pertaining to the alphabet, or several alphabets. [Mid 17th century.]
- (now rare) Pertaining to someone learning the alphabet or basic studies; elementary; rudimentary. [Mid 17th century.]
- Someone who is learning the alphabet. [Early 17th century.]
- (rhetoric) A work which uses words or lines in alphabetical order.
- (archaic) Someone engaged in teaching the alphabet; an elementary teacher; one that teaches the methods and principles of learning. [Early 17th century.]
- An elementary student, a novice; one in the early steps of learning. [Early 17th century.]