- (theology) Doctrine of preordination; doctrine of absolute decrees; doctrine that God acts in an absolute manner. [First attested in the mid 18th century.]
- Positiveness; the state of being absolute.
- (philosophy) Belief in a metaphysical absolute; belief in Absolute. [First attested in the late 19th century.]
- (political science) The principles or practice of absolute or arbitrary government; despotism. [First attested in the early 19th century.]
- (rare) The characteristic of being absolute in nature or scope; absoluteness.