- (obsolete) Accepted.
- (transitive) To admit to a place or a group.
"The Boy Scouts were going to accept him as a member."
- (transitive) To receive or admit to; to agree to; to assent to; to submit to.
"I accept your proposal, amendment, or excuse."
- (transitive) To receive officially
"to accept the report of a committee"
- (transitive) To receive, especially with a consent, with favour, or with approval.
- (transitive) To receive as adequate or satisfactory.
- (transitive, law, business) To agree to pay.
- (transitive) To regard as proper, usual, true, or to believe in.
"I accept the fact that Christ lived."
- (transitive) To endure patiently.
"I accept my punishment."
- (intransitive) To receive something willingly.