- State of being accepted.
- An agreeing to terms or proposals by which a bargain is concluded and the parties are bound; the reception or taking of a thing bought as that for which it was bought, or as that agreed to be delivered, or the taking possession as owner.
- The usual or accepted meaning of a word or expression.
- Belief in something; agreement; assent.
- (business, finance) The bill of exchange itself when accepted.
- (US, government) The act of an authorized representative of the Government by which the Government assents to ownership by it of existing and identified supplies, or approves specific services rendered, as partial or complete performance of a contract.
- The act of accepting; a receiving of something offered, with approbation, satisfaction, or acquiescence; especially, favorable reception; approval
"the acceptance of a gift, office, doctrine, etc."
- (business, finance) An assent and engagement by the person on whom a bill of exchange is drawn, to pay it when due according to the terms of the acceptance.
- (law) An agreeing to the action of another, by some act which binds the person in law.
- (Australia, New Zealand, plural only) A list of horses accepted as starters in a race.