- (uncountable, computing) The process of locating data in memory.
- (uncountable) The right or ability of approaching or entering; admittance; admission; accessibility.
- (countable) An increase by addition; accession; as, an access of territory.
- (uncountable, law) The right of a non-custodial parent to visit their child.
- (uncountable) The act of approaching or entering; an advance.
- (uncountable) Admission to sexual intercourse.
- (countable) An outburst of an emotion; a paroxysm; a fit of passion; as, an access of fury.
"Usage note: sometimes confused with excess"
- (uncountable, Internet) Connection to or communication with a computer program or to the Internet.
- (uncountable) A way or means of approaching or entering; an entrance; a passage.
- (uncountable) The quality of being easy to approach or enter.
- (countable) An onset, attack, or fit of disease; an ague fit.
- (transitive, computing) To have access to (data).
"I can't access most of the data on the computer without a password."
- (transitive) To gain or obtain access to.