- (law) Assisting a crime without actually participating in committing the crime itself.
- Having a secondary, supplementary or subordinate function by accompanying as a subordinate; aiding in a secondary way; being additional; being connected as an incident or subordinate to a principal; contributing or being contributory. Said of persons and things, and, when of persons, usually in a bad sense; as, he was accessory to the riot; accessory sounds in music.
- Present in a minor amount, and not essential.
- (fashion) An article that completes one's basic outfit, such as a scarf or gloves.
- Something that belongs to part of another main thing; something additional and subordinate, an attachment.
"the accessories of a mobile phone"
- (art) Something in a work of art without being indispensably necessary, for example solely ornamental parts.
- (law) A person who is not present at a crime, but contributes to it as an assistant or instigator.