- Agreement or harmony of things in general.
"the accord of light and shade in painting"
- (obsolete) Assent
- A harmony in sound, pitch and tone; concord.
- (international law) An international agreement.
"The Geneva Accord of 1954 ended the French-Indochinese War."
- Agreement or concurrence of opinion, will, or action.
- (law) An agreement between parties in controversy, by which satisfaction for an injury is stipulated, and which, when executed, prevents a lawsuit.
- Voluntary or spontaneous impulse to act.
"Nobody told me to do it. I did it of my own accord."
- (transitive) To bring (people) to an agreement; to reconcile, settle, adjust or harmonize.
- (transitive, dated, law) To grant as suitable or proper; to concede or award.
- (transitive) To make to agree or correspond; to suit one thing to another; to adjust.
- (intransitive) To agree in pitch and tone.
- (intransitive, archaic) To arrive at an agreement.
- (intransitive) To agree or correspond; to be in harmony.
- (intransitive, obsolete) To give consent.