- (Roman Antiquities) the socket of the hipbone;
- (anatomy) The cavity in which the leg of an insect is inserted at its articulation with the body.
- (anatomy) One of the lobes of the placenta in ruminating animals.
- (Roman Antiquities) a vinegar cup;
- (anatomy) The bony cup which receives the head of the thigh bone.
- (anatomy) The large posterior sucker of the leeches.
- (Roman Antiquities) a measure of about one eighth of a pint
- (anatomy) A sucker of the sepia or cuttlefish and related animals.