- (transitive) To carry out successfully; to accomplish. [from 14th c.]
- (obsolete, intransitive) To conclude, to turn out. [14th-16th c.]
- (intransitive) To succeed in something, now especially in academic performance. [from 14th c.]
- (transitive) To obtain, or gain (a desired result, objective etc.), as the result of exertion; to succeed in gaining; to win. [from 14th c.]
- (obsolete, transitive) To conclude, finish, especially successfully. [14th-18th c.]
- (transitive, now literary) To obtain (a material thing). [from 15th c.]
"Show all the spoils by valiant kings achieved."