- (obsolete) An unmarried woman.
- A kind of bass, an edible freshwater fish (Pomoxys annularis) of the southern United States.
- A man who is socially regarded as able to marry, but has not yet.
- (Canada) A bachelor apartment.
- (obsolete) Among London tradesmen, a junior member not yet admitted to wear the livery.
- Someone who has achieved a bachelor's degree.
- (obsolete) A knight who had no standard of his own, but fought under the standard of another in the field.
- The first or lowest academical degree conferred by universities and colleges; a bachelor's degree.