- The particles and/or radiation deflected in this manner.
- (physics) The deflection of particles and/or radiation through angles greater than 90 degrees to the original direction of travel.
- (computing) The sending of IP packets to essentially random addresses in response to incoming packets that have a spoofed origin.
- (military) A portion of the energy of electromagnetic radiation such as a laser or radio waves that is scattered back in the direction of the source of radiation by an obscurant.
- To scatter particles and/or radiation back to the direction from which they come.