"Lard is bad for you. Smoking is bad for you, too. Grapes are bad for dogs but not for humans."
- Faulty; not functional.
"I had a bad headlight."
- (informal) Bold and daring.
- Seemingly non-appropriate, in manners, etc.
"It is bad manners to talk with your mouth full."
- Evil; wicked.
"Be careful. There are bad people in the world."
- (of breath) Malodorous, foul.
"Bad breath is not pleasant for anyone."
- (slang) Fantastic.
"You is [sic] bad, man!"
- Not suitable or fitting.
"Do you think it is a bad idea to confront him directly?"
- Tricky; stressful; unpleasant.
"Divorce is usually a bad experience for everybody involved."
- (of food) Spoiled, rotten, overripe.
"These apples have gone bad."
- (of a need or want) Severe, urgent.
"He is in bad need of a haircut."
- Not good; unfavorable; negative.
"You have bad credit."
- (now colloquial) Badly.
"I didn't do too bad in the last exam."
- (slang) error, mistake
"Sorry, my bad!"
- (countable, uncountable, economics) An item (or kind of item) of merchandise with negative value; an unwanted good.
- (archaic) Alternative past tense of bid. See bade.
- (Britain, dialect, transitive) To shell (a walnut).