- (obsolete) A large fire, a conflagration or bonfire.
- A rounded bundle or package of goods in a cloth cover, and corded for storage or transportation.
- A measurement of paper equal to 10 reams.
- Suffering, woe, torment.
- (archaic) A beacon-fire.
- A measurement of hay equal to 10 flakes. Approximately 70-90 lbs (32-41 kg).
- Evil, especially considered as an active force for destruction or death.
- (archaic) A funeral pyre.
- A bundle of compressed wool or hay, compacted for shipping and handling.
- (Britain, nautical) To remove water from a boat with buckets etc.
- (transitive) To wrap into a bale.