- A type of glass cup, sometimes used for brandy.
- (pyrotechnics) A bomb or shell.
- (slang) A woman’s breast.
- Such an object as a child’s toy.
- A speech bubble.
- (chemistry) A round vessel, usually with a short neck, to hold or receive whatever is distilled; a glass vessel of a spherical form.
- (engraving) The outline enclosing words represented as coming from the mouth of a pictured figure.
- An inflatable buoyant object, often (but not necessarily) round and flexible.
- (medicine) A sac inserted into part of the body for therapeutic reasons; such as angioplasty.
- (architecture) A ball or globe on the top of a pillar, church, etc.
"the balloon of St. Paul's Cathedral in London"
- A game played with a large inflated ball.
- Such an object designed to transport people through the air.
- (intransitive) To go up or voyage in a balloon.
- (intransitive) To increase or expand rapidly.
"Prices will balloon if we don't act quickly."
- (transitive) To take up in, or as if in, a balloon.
"His stomach ballooned from eating such a large meal."