- One who conducts the business of banking; one who, individually, or as a member of a company, keeps an establishment for the deposit or loan of money, or for traffic in money, bills of exchange, etc.
- The stone bench on which a mason cuts or squares his work.
- (rail transport, Britain, Australia) A railway locomotive that can be attached to the rear of a train to assist it in climbing an incline.
- The dealer, or one who keeps the bank in a gambling house.
- (Britain, dialect) A ditcher; a drain digger.
- (obsolete) A money changer.
- A vessel employed in the cod fishery on the banks of Newfoundland.