- With a dab, or sudden contact.
- A small amount of hash oil.
- A small flatfish of the family Pleuronectidae, especially Limanda limanda； a flounder.
- A soft tap or blow; a blow or peck from a bird's beak; an aimed blow.
- (chiefly in the plural, dated, British) Fingerprint.
- One skilful or proficient; an expert; an adept.
- A small amount, a blob of some soft or wet substance.
- (US) A sand dab, a small flatfish of genus Citharichthys.
- (African American Vernacular) A soft, playful box given in greeting or approval.
- (transitive) To apply a substance in this way.
"He dabbed moisturizing liquid on his face."
- (transitive) To press lightly in a repetitive motion with a soft object without rubbing.
"I dabbed my face with a towel."
- To apply hash oil to a heated surface for the purpose of efficient combustion. Dabbing hash oil.
- To strike by a thrust; to hit with a sudden blow or thrust.