- (South Africa, Australia) A reservoir.
- (dentistry) A device to prevent a tooth from getting wet, consisting of a rubber sheet held with a band.
- (India) An obsolete Indian copper coin, equal to a fortieth of a rupee.
- A kind of crowned piece in the game of draughts.
- A structure placed across a flowing body of water to stop the flow.
"A dam is often an essential source of water to farmers of hilly country."
- A firebrick wall, or a stone, which forms the front of the hearth of a blast furnace.
- Female parent, mother, generally regarding breeding of animals (correlative to sire).
- To block the flow of water.