- A piece of music with a particular dance rhythm.
- A social gathering where dancing is the main activity.
- (uncountable) The art, profession, and study of dancing.
- A sequence of rhythmic steps or movements usually performed to music, for pleasure or as a form of social interaction.
- A genre of modern music characterised by sampled beats, repetitive rhythms and few lyrics.
- (heraldry) A fess that has been modified to zig-zag across the center of a coat of arms from dexter to sinister.
- (transitive) To perform the steps to.
"Have you ever danced the tango?"
- (intransitive) To leap or move lightly and rapidly.
"His eyes danced with pleasure as he spoke."
- (intransitive) To move with rhythmic steps or movements, especially in time to music.
"I danced with her all night long."
- (transitive) To cause to dance, or move nimbly or merrily about.