- A dangling ornament or decoration.
- (slang, ice hockey, lacrosse) The action of dangling; a series of complex stick tricks and fakes in order to defeat the defender in style.
"That was a sick dangle for a great goal!"
- An agent of one intelligence agency or group who pretends to be interested in defecting or turning to another intelligence agency or group.
- (transitive) To hang or trail something loosely.
"I like to sit on the edge and dangle my feet in the water."
- (intransitive, slang, ice hockey, lacrosse) The action of performing a move or deke with the puck in order to get past a defender or goalie; perhaps because of the resemblance to dangling the puck on a string.
"He dangled around three players and the goalie to score."
- (intransitive) to hang loosely with the ability to swing
"His feet would dangle in the water."
- (intransitive, dated) To trail or follow around.