- (computing) A software program for storing, retrieving and manipulating a database(1).
"Which database do you use: MySQL or Oracle?"
- (computing) A set of tables in a database(1).
"The "books" database will have three tables, and the "customers" database will have two tables."
- (computing) A collection of (usually) organized information in a regular structure, usually but not necessarily in a machine-readable format accessible by a computer.
"I have a database of all my contacts in my personal organizer."
- (computing) A combination of (1) and (2).
- To enter data into a database