- A crude or amateurish painting.
- A soft coating of mud, plaster, etc.
- Excrement or clay used as a bonding material in construction (compare wattle and daub).
- (transitive) To paint (a picture, etc.) in a coarse or unskilful manner.
- To put on without taste; to deck gaudily.
- (transitive) To apply something to (a surface) in hasty or crude strokes.
- To flatter excessively or glossy.
- (transitive) To apply (something) to a surface in hasty or crude strokes.
"The artist just seemed to daub on paint at random and suddenly there was a painting."
- To cover with a specious or deceitful exterior; to disguise; to conceal.