- An employee of a transportation company, especially a pilot, traveling as a passenger for logistical reasons, for example to return home or travel to their next assignment.
- A person staying at a lodging, such as a hotel or boarding house, without paying rent; freeloader.
- (slang) A fan of the rock band the Grateful Dead (usually Deadhead).
- A person either admitted to a theatrical or musical performance without charge, or paid to attend
- A train or truck moved between cities with no passengers or freight, in order to make it available for service
- (slang) Driftwood.
- Anyone traveling for free.
- A stupid or boring person; dullard
- (slang) A zombie.
- (transitive, intransitive) To drive an empty vehicle.
- (intransitive) To travel as a deadhead, or non-paying passenger.
- (transitive) To remove spent or dead blossoms from a plant.
"If you deadhead your roses regularly, they will bloom all season."
- (transitive) To send (a person or message) for free.