- A performer's first-time performance to the public.
- The first appearance of a debutante in society.
- The first public presentation of a theatrical play, motion picture, opera, musical composition, dance, or other performing arts piece.
"Since making its debut two years ago, the program has gained cult status."
- (transitive, chiefly US) to formally introduce, as to the public
"Amalgamated Software Systems debuted release 3.2 in Spring of 2004."
- (intransitive) to make one's initial formal appearance
"Release 3.2 debuted to mixed reviews in Spring of 2004."