- (of a person) Having a suitable conformity to basic moral standards; showing integrity, fairness, or other characteristics associated with moral uprightness.
- Significant; substantial.
"There are a decent number of references out there, if you can find them."
- (obsolete) Appropriate; suitable for the circumstances.
- Fair; good enough; okay.
"He's a decent saxophonist, but probably not good enough to make a career of it."
- Sufficiently clothed or dressed to be seen.
"Are you decent? May I come in?"
- (obsolete) Comely; shapely; well-formed.