- The act or process of declaring.
- (computing) The specification of a variable's type.
- A list of items for various legal purposes, e.g. customs declaration.
- (law) In common law, the formal document specifying plaintiff’s cause of action, including the facts necessary to sustain a proper cause of action, and to advise the defendant of the grounds upon which he is being sued.
- A written or oral indication of a fact, opinion, or belief.
- (cricket) The act, by the captain of a batting side, of declaring an innings closed.