- carefulness, for example due diligence
- (law, Scotland) The process by which persons, lands, or effects are seized for debt; process for enforcing the attendance of witnesses or the production of writings.
- combination of carefulness and long-term effort (often used to refer to only one of these)
- A public stage-coach. (19th century, now used only in reference to France or other European countries including Great Britain.)
- long-term effort, working hard, the qualities of a hard worker, including conscientiousness, determination, and perseverance