- low, shallow
"The water there is otherwise very low and ebb. (Holland)"
- The receding movement of the tide.
"The boats will go out on the ebb."
- A European bunting, Emberiza miliaria.
- A low state; a state of depression.
- A gradual decline.
- to flow back or recede
"The tides ebbed at noon."
- (transitive) To cause to flow back.
- to fish with stakes and nets that serve to prevent the fish from getting back into the sea with the ebb
- to fall away or decline
"The dying man's strength ebbed away."