- Intense pleasure.
- (obsolete) Violent emotion or distraction of mind; excessive grief from anxiety; insanity; madness.
- A trance, frenzy, or rapture associated with mystic or prophetic exaltation.
- (medicine, dated) A state in which sensibility, voluntary motion, and (largely) mental power are suspended; the body is erect and inflexible; but the pulse and breathing are not affected.
- A state of emotion so intense that a person is carried beyond rational thought and self-control.
- (slang) The drug MDMA, a synthetic entactogen of the methylenedioxyphenethylamine family, especially in a tablet form.