- (computing) A change in the text of a file, a website or the code of software.
- A change to the text of a document.
- To change a text, or a document.
- (biology) To alter the DNA sequence of a chromosome; to perform gene splicing.
- (computing) To change the contents of a file, website, programme etc.
"Wikipedia is an interactive encyclopedia which allows anybody to edit and improve articles."
- (transitive) To be the editor of a publication.
"He edits the Bee."
- To alter a film by cutting and splicing frames.