- Disposed to pour out freely; prodigal.
- Poured out freely; profuse.
- (zoology) Having the lips, or edges, of the aperture abruptly spreading, as in certain shells.
- (botany) Spreading loosely, especially on one side.
"an effuse inflorescence"
- (obsolete) effusion; loss
- (figuratively) to gush; to be excitedly talkative and enthusiastic about something
- (transitive) to emit; to give off
- (intransitive) to leak out through a small hole
- (intransitive) To pour out like a stream or freely; to cause to exude; to shed.