- (informal, predicative only) Of bad quality; mediocre; unremarkable.
"My French fries were eh."
- In isolation, a request for repetition or clarification of what has just been said. Compare what, pardon.
- (informal, Britain, Australia) Used as a tag question, to emphasise what goes before or to request that the listener express an opinion about what has been said.
"These hot dogs are pretty good, eh?"
- Expressing apathy or lack of enthusiasm; meh.
"- Do you feel like going out tonight?r /> - Eh, I don't know."
- (Canada) An interjection used to ascertain the continued attention of an individual addressed by the speaker
"I went to the restaurant, eh, but my friends didn't show up."