- The digit/figure 8.
- (rowing, especially in plural) A race in which such craft participate.
- (nautical) A light, narrow rowing boat, especially one used in competitive rowing, steered by a cox, in which eight rowers each have two oars.
- (playing cards) Any of the four cards in a normal deck with the value eight.
- An island in a river; an ait.
- Describing a set or group with eight components.
- (cardinal) A numerical value equal to 8; the number occurring after seven and before nine.
"He works eight hours a day."