- Capable of stretching; particularly, capable of stretching so as to return to an original shape or size when force is released.
"The rope is somewhat elastic, so expect it to give when you pull on it."
- (economics) Sensitive to changes in price.
"Demand for entertainment is more elastic than demand for energy."
- Of clothing, elasticated.
- Able to return quickly to a former state or condition, after being depressed or overtaxed; having power to recover easily from shocks and trials.
"elastic spirits; an elastic constitution"
- Made of elastic.
- springy; bouncy; vivacious
- (uncountable) An elastic material used in clothing, particularly in waistbands and cuffs.
"Running shorts use elastic to eliminate the need for a belt."
- (countable) An elastic band.