- (US, obsolete, early 20th-century slang) A detective.
- Any turn or bend like that of the elbow, in a wall, building, coastline, etc.; an angular or jointed part of any structure, such as the raised arm of a chair or sofa, or a short pipe fitting, turning at an angle or bent.
"the sides of windows, where the jamb makes an elbow with the window back"
- The joint between the upper arm and the forearm.
- (basketball) Part of a basketball court located at the intersection of the free-throw line and the free-throw lane.
- To push with the elbow; to jostle or force.
"He elbowed his way through the crowd."