- (transitive) To cause electricity to pass through; to affect by electricity; to give an electric shock to.
"to electrify a limb, or the body"
- to adapt (a home, farm, village, city, industry, railroad) for electric power
- (transitive) To communicate or supply electricity to; to charge with electricity.
"to electrify a jar"
- (intransitive) To become electric.
- (transitive) To excite suddenly and violently, especially by something highly delightful or inspiriting; to thrill.
"This patriotic sentiment electrified the audience."