- One of a series of things, such as steps in a project.
"We had just about completed the research facet of the project when the order came to cancel it."
- (architecture) The narrow plane surface between flutings of a column.
- One among many similar or related, yet still distinct things.
"The child's learning disability was only one facet of the problems contributing to his delinquency."
- (anatomy) A smooth circumscribed surface.
"the articular facet of a bone"
- Any one of the flat surfaces cut into a gem.
"This facet of the diamond was masterfully cut to enhance its value."
- (anatomy) One member of a compound eye, as found in insects and crustaceans.
- (mathematics) A face of codimension 1 of a polytope.
- To cut a facet into a gemstone.