- Not real; false, fraudulent.
"Which fur coat looks fake?"
- A trick; a swindle.
- (nautical) One of the circles or windings of a cable or hawser, as it lies in a coil; a single turn or coil.
- Something which is not genuine, or is presented fraudulently.
- (soccer) Move meant to deceive an opposing player, used for gaining advantage when dribbling an opponent.
- (nautical) To coil (a rope, line, or hawser), by winding alternately in opposite directions, in layers usually of zigzag or figure of eight form, to prevent twisting when running out.
- To modify fraudulently, so as to make an object appear better or other than it really is; as, to fake a bulldog, by burning his upper lip and thus artificially shortening it.
- To cheat; to swindle; to steal; to rob.
- To make a false display of, to affect, to feign, to simulate.
- To make a counterfeit, to counterfeit, to forge, to falsify.