- (figuratively) Inactive; undeveloped.
"a fallow period in one's career"
- (of agricultural land) Ploughed but left unseeded for more than one planting season.
- Of a pale red or yellow, light brown; dun.
- The ploughing or tilling of land, without sowing it for a season.
- (agriculture, obsolete, countable) An area of fallow land.
- (agriculture, uncountable) Uncultivated land.
- (agriculture, uncountable) Ground ploughed and harrowed but left unseeded for one year.
- (transitive) To make land fallow for agricultural purposes.