- Remote in time.
"We are on the far right on this issue."
- Remote in space.
"He went to a far country."
- More remote or longer of two.
"He moved to the far end of the state. She remained at this end."
- (computing, not comparable) Outside the currently selected segment in a segmented memory architecture.
"It was a far adventure, full of danger."
- Widely different in nature or quality; opposite in character.
- Distant in space, time or degree.
"My house is quite far from the beach. The plan is good, but it is far from being flawless."
- (with a comparative) Very much.
"He was far richer than we'd thought."
- To or from a great distance, time, or degree.
"You have all come far and you will go farther."
- Spelt (type of wheat).
- A young pig, or a litter of pigs.