- (uncountable) A ridiculous or empty show.
"The political arena is a mere farce, with all sorts of fools trying to grab power."
- (uncountable) A situation abounding with ludicrous incidents.
"The first month of labor negotiations was a farce."
- (countable) A motion picture or play featuring this style of humor.
"The farce that we saw last night had us laughing and shaking our heads at the same time."
- (uncountable) A style of humor marked by broad improbabilities with little regard to regularity or method; compare sarcasm.
- (obsolete) To make fat.
- (figuratively) To fill full; to stuff.
- To stuff with forcemeat.
- (obsolete) To swell out; to render pompous.