- (obsolete) A fixed yearly amount (food, provisions, money, etc.) payable as rent or tax
- The body of farmers of public revenues.
- A place where agricultural and similar activities take place, especially the growing of crops or the raising of livestock
- (obsolete) A banquet; feast
- (historical) The letting-out of public revenue to a ‘farmer’; the privilege of farming a tax or taxes.
- A tract of land held on lease for the purpose of cultivation
- (computing) A group of coordinated servers
"a render farm; a server farm"
- (obsolete) Food; provisions; a meal
- (historical) A fixed yearly sum accepted from a person as a composition for taxes or other moneys which he is empowered to collect; also, a fixed charge imposed on a town, county, etc., in respect of a tax or taxes to be collected within its limits.
- The condition of being let at a fixed rent; lease; a lease
- (usually in combination) A location used for an industrial purpose, having many similar structures
"fuel farm; wind farm; antenna farm"
- (intransitive) To work on a farm, especially in the growing and harvesting of crops.
- To give up to another, as an estate, a business, the revenue, etc., on condition of receiving in return a percentage of what it yields; to farm out.
"to farm the taxes"
- (video games, chiefly online gaming) To engage in grinding (repetitive activity) in a particular area or against specific enemies for a particular drop or item.
- (transitive) To grow (a particular crop).
- (obsolete) To take at a certain rent or rate.
- (transitive) To devote (land) to farming.
- (obsolete) To lease or let for an equivalent, e.g. land for a rent; to yield the use of to proceeds.