- A mistake or error.
"No!. This is my fault, not yours"
- Blame; the responsibility for a mistake.
"The fault lies with you."
- (tennis) An illegal serve.
- (hunting) A lost scent; act of losing the scent.
- A defect; something that detracts from perfection.
- A minor offense.
- (mining) In coal seams, coal rendered worthless by impurities in the seam.
- (obsolete) want; lack
- A weakness of character; a failing.
"For all her faults, she's a good person at heart."
- (seismology) A fracture in a rock formation causing a discontinuity.
- (electrical) An abnormal connection in a circuit.
- (intransitive) To commit a mistake or error.
- (intransitive, geology) To fracture.
- (transitive) To criticize, blame or find fault with something or someone.
- (intransitive, computing) To undergo a page fault.