- group specific antigens
- A joke or other mischievous prank.
- (law) An order or rule forbidding discussion of a case or subject.
- (archaic) A mouthful that makes one retch or choke.
- A device to restrain speech, such as a rag in the mouth secured with tape or a rubber ball threaded onto a cord or strap.
- A convulsion of the upper digestive tract.
- (transitive, figuratively) To restrain someone's speech without using physical means.
"When the financial irregularities were discovered, the CEO gagged everyone in the accounting department."
- (intransitive) To experience the vomiting reflex.
"He gagged when he saw the open wound."
- (transitive) To restrain someone's speech by blocking his or her mouth.
"The victims could not speak because the burglar had gagged them with duct tape."
- (U.S. Army, slang) To smoke: to order a recruit to exercise until he "gags" (usually spoken in exaggeration).
- To pry or hold open by means of a gag.
- (transitive) To cause to heave with nausea.