- US alternative spelling of gauge (a measure, instrument for measuring, etc.)
- (obsolete) Something valuable deposited as a guarantee or pledge; security, ransom.
- A subspecies of plum, Prunus domestica subsp. italica.
- Something, such as a glove or other pledge, thrown down as a challenge to combat (now usually figurative).
- US alternative spelling of gauge (to measure)
- To bind by pledge, or security; to engage.
- (archaic) To wager, to bet.
- (obsolete) To give or deposit as a pledge or security; to pawn.