- Brave, valiant.
- (obsolete) Showy; splendid; magnificent; gay; well-dressed.
- Grand, noble.
- Polite and attentive to ladies; courteous to women; chivalrous.
- One who woos, a lover, a suitor, a seducer.
- (dated) Fashionable young man, who is polite and attentive to women.
- (nautical) topgallant
- An animal or thing of grey colour, such as a horse, badger, or salmon.
- (obsolete, transitive) To attend or wait on (a lady).
"to gallant ladies to the play"
- (obsolete, transitive) To handle with grace or in a modish manner.
"to gallant a fan"