- The fastest gait of a horse, a two-beat stride during which all four legs are off the ground simultaneously.
- To cause to gallop.
"to gallop a horse"
- (figuratively) To go rapidly or carelessly, as in making a hasty examination.
- To ride at a galloping pace.
- To run very fast.
- (Intransitive. Of a horse, etc) To run at a gallop.
"The horse galloped past the finishing line."
- To make electrical or other utility lines sway and/or move up and down violently, usually due to a combination of high winds and ice accrual on the lines.