- (nautical) A rope fastening a bowsprit to the stem of a ship (usually called a gammoning).
- The lower or hind part of a side of bacon.
- (dated) Chatter, ridiculous nonsense.
- (backgammon) A victory in backgammon achieved when the opponent has not taken a single stone; (also, rarely, backgammon, the game itself).
- To cure bacon by salting.
- (colloquial, dated) To deceive, to lie plausibly.
- (backgammon) To beat by a gammon (without the opponent taking a stone).
- To lash with ropes (on a ship).