- (dated, 20th century, Canada, US) An independent automobile repair shop.
- (attributive, music) A type of guitar rock music, personified by amateur bands playing in the basement or garage; garage rock.
- (chiefly Britain, Canada, Australia, New Zealand) A petrol filling station.
- A side way or space in a canal to enable vessels to pass each other; a siding.
- (chiefly Britain, Canada, Australia, New Zealand) A place where cars are serviced and repaired.
- (aviation) A shed for housing an airship or aeroplane; a hangar.
- (Britain, music) A type of electronic dance music related to house music, with warped and time-stretched sounds; UK garage.
- A building (or section of a building) used to store a car or cars, tools and other miscellaneous items.
- To store in a garage.
"We garaged the convertible during the monsoon months."