- a liquid used for gargling
- Obsolete form of gargoyle.
- (slang) lager, drink
- the sound of gargling
- (intransitive) to make a sound like the one made while gargling
- (intransitive) to clean one's mouth by holding water or some other liquid in the back of the mouth and blowing air out from the lungs
- (transitive) to use (a liquid) for purposes of cleaning one's mouth or throat by gargling.
"Every morning he gargled a little cheap Scotch."
- (transitive) to clean a specific part of the body by gargling (almost always throat or mouth)