- An accolade or mark of honour.
- (dated) A book of extracts in prose or poetry; an anthology.
- (nautical) A grommet or ring of rope lashed to a spar for convenience in handling.
- A wreath, especially one of plaited flowers or leaves, worn on the body or draped as a decoration.
- The crown of a monarch.
- (nautical) A sort of netted bag used by sailors to keep provisions in.
- (mining) A metal gutter placed round a mineshaft on the inside, to catch water running down inside the shaft and run it into a drainpipe.
- The top; the thing most prized.
- (transitive) To form something into a garland
- (transitive) To deck or ornament something with a garland